[Ray builds a straw atheist to ask him 7 questions which he then fails to answer. The 7th answer is a particularly delicious slice of failure pie.]
Questions/arguments from a skeptic
1. God is Light, yet He creates the sun, for what purpose?
He created the sun so that we could have life on this planet. Without the sun, there can be no life.
2. God is Light, and He creates Himself by saying let there be light.
God is light, but the sun is created light. Science tells us that it had a beginning. God was its first cause.
3. God creates the moon as a light, but we know it is not a light.
We are aware that it merely reflects the sun's light, but it is a light that shines at night, as the Bible says. Haven't you heard of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata?
4. Why create a light before the sun/stars/moon? Surely God can work in the dark just as easily.
Again, God is light. He doesn't need anything to show Him His creation. The darkness it like light to Him (see Psalm 139:11-12).
5. God creates the Earth before the Sun, what gravitational field is the Earth sitting in?
Every planetary body (including the Earth) is surrounded by its own gravitational field, which exerts an attractive force on all objects. God created gravity, and He holds all things together by His own power (see Colossians 1:17).
6. God creates things in three days with "evening and morning" yet in order to have an evening and morning it relies on the Earth to rotate and the light source to come from a point, but God is everywhere.
God created every law of nature, and He is not bound by His own creation. He has power over thunder, lightning, earthquakes, the sun, and the wind, and even over you...as you will eventually find out.
7. Why did God only create radiation of a certain wave-length?
You will have to ask Him that one yourself. However, please realize that He will not even hear (take notice of) your requests while you have sin or doubt in your life (see Psalm 66:18). So don’t expect an answer (see James 1:6-7).
Ray Comfort, Ray Comfort's blog 60 Comments
[11/20/2008 1:43:38 PM]
Fundie Index: 3
Submitted By: Tomby Stone