Michael, you wrote, "Teachers and students should be allowed to pray together, why do you want a teacher leading the entire class in a prayer?" Answers include:
* it worked for hundreds of years
* it clears the minds and emotions for the learning to follow
* it instills respect at a time when it is needed
* it offers the opportunity to pray for a classmate in need
* the teacher and students want to do it, and it builds collegiality
* there is no legitimate reason to censor it (hatred of religion is not a legitimate reason)
Do I need to list more reasons?
[Some students may not be religious.]
So what? Often the entire class does welcome the prayer without any objection. And in the rare case there is someone who objects, surely you don't think one person can censor everyone else just by saying he doesn't like something.
Andrew Schlafly, Conservapedia 57 Comments
[6/2/2008 7:45:13 PM]
Fundie Index: 7