Women are in the unique and privileged role to be able to love. As Jesus tells us, it's easy to love those who love us, even sinners to that. Real love is the ability to love one's enemies or love people who do not treat us well.
And that's the role that women were assigned. Men have to literally toil in the work place, protect themselves from those who want to devour them. So instead of envying the role of men and competing with them, we are in the wonderful position of loving them at home so they can fulfill their roles and have some comfort at home.
But there is no self-glory in love because love is self-less. So sadly, many women are opting out of wanting to love their husbands to compete with them instead. This has led to:
1) Women wearing men's clothes
2) Women cutting their hair short like a man
3) Gender identity confusion
5) Career battles between men and women
6) Affairs in the work place
7) Children being raised by day-care workers
8) A divided family instead of a cohesive family where the mother binds everyone together
10) Middle-aged women spending thousands of dollars wanting to look like their teen-age daughters to entice younger men
12) Not knowing the difference between a husband and wife
13) Not knowing the difference between a mother and fathers' role (when fathers stay at home so the mother can work)
14) Alienation between mothers and children when mothers work
15) Increase in income in 2 income families so they can "keep up with the Jones's" and make it hard for one-income families to stay afloat.
16) Desire not to have children if it interferes with the mother's career
17) Lack of support in neighborhoods of stay-at-home moms
18) Fast food meals that have actually increased obesity in the world rather than decreased it
19) Woman "body-builders" who want to look more like men than women
20) Killing their unborn child if it interferes with a woman's career
And on and on and on. Those are the repercussions for women "opting" not to stay at home and love their husbands rather than compete with them. And all for what? Because "I get to do what I want" just like a 6 year old child says in a tantrum. in fact, "I get to do what I want" is the role model we are teaching our children. But it fits with the popular song of the 70's: "What's Love Got To Do With It? Absolutely Nothin'."
Then people wonder why our children are committing mass murder today.
peace4ever, Christian Forums 60 Comments
[6/21/2009 12:48:18 PM]
Fundie Index: 66