[From a review of the movie Happy Feet
Many of you while reading this review might believe that I am being paranoid or over zealous, however, please know that I am not. “Happy Feet” launches a scathing attack against fundamentalists in every fashion, and they take no prisoners, nor do they hide their intentions. The opening scene of this movie is nothing less than the crazy penguins worshiping the great penguin in the sky, except when we see his image, the penguin god has his arms stretched in a crucifix type fashion. Thus setting the tone for the rest of the movie. In the film’s defense, the movie does not really step up the jabs, slams and punishment of Christians until about half way into the movie, then the punches just keep coming, one after another after another.
Here are a few examples of how they slam Christianity:
1. The great penguin in the sky sets the tone with a Christ-like cross.
2. The man who everyone goes to for wisdom is supposed to be a prophet who speaks to the almighty (except we realize he is a fraud).
3. The leader of the penguins is a pastor-like figure who literally speaks hell and condemnation.
4. The entire subplot is how Christians are unaccepting of anything different than them, and how we will not allow someone into our church who has an alternative lifestyle. The character in the movie who the leadership of the fold is harshly against, is the penguin with Happy Feet. He dances instead of sings, therefore they look the other way every time he is around. There is even one point where they say to him “Repent and Turn” and then they kick him out of the fold for his evil ways. Yes, this is a HUGE pro-homosexual agenda and is not accidental.
5. About 16 other reference to how bad Christians area: Continues mocking, jokes and jabs. There are way too many to list in my review.
John Kehrli, Christian Answers 59 Comments
[1/1/2010 7:55:20 PM]
Fundie Index: 49
Submitted By: M.M.