Home Archives Random Quotes Latest Comments Top 100 Submit Quote Search Log In

Quote# 35602

the big bang is not real


God created the earth


think about it... if the earth was an inch closer to the sun, we would burn


if it was an inch further we would freeze


the fact that scientists think that the earth broke off from an asteroid or watever and just happened to be pulled in by the sun's gravitational pull in the perfect place is ludacris

Paige R, Yahoo! Answers 32 Comments [2/29/2008 3:25:57 AM]
Fundie Index: 12
Submitted By: Mike
WTF?! || meh
Username:
Comment:



1 2
Evilutionist

The Earth isn't in a perfect orbit. It's elliptical. Which means its distance varies as it orbits the sun. We aren't dead yet. Which means you're wrong.

3/4/2008 4:00:17 AM

MysticalChicken

"Scientists think the Earth broke off from an asteroid"? The fuck? Which scientists?

Also, the Earth would not burn or freeze unless it was 37% closer to or farther away from the sun. That's 34,410,000 miles (give or take). THIRTY FOUR MILLION FUCKING MILES. NOT A FUCKING INCH.

I have completely lost all faith in humanity. Also, it's spelled "ludicrous."

3/4/2008 5:35:48 AM

Evilutionist

We always say these people should go read a book or get educated, and when they do this is what they do with it.

There is no winning with these people.


6/26/2008 7:42:17 PM

Bryan65

Folks, this is what happens when kids are homeschooled. Now watch as she learns the phrase that she will using later on.

"You want fries with that?"

6/26/2008 7:44:58 PM

God Is Real Unless Declared Integer

Bryan65: Not everyone who is homeschooled becomes and ignorant idiot. Believe it or not: There are secular parents who homeschool their children. I just want that my future children will not experience all the crap that happens in normal schools, this is why I am a big proponent of homeschooling. Don't put us all in one category!

7/13/2008 12:00:25 PM

ludacris

Sup dawgs, rapper ludacris speakin' here

12/30/2009 2:48:12 PM

ludacris

Sup dawgs, rapper ludacris speakin' here

12/30/2009 2:48:19 PM

Swede

@ Bryan65 (and others):
Over here lots of people pay their way through college by working at McDonald's or Burger King.
Sure, the schools are free here, but the books aren't, nor is rent, electricity, water, phones...
Chances are rather high, that the person giving you fries is a doctor-to-be, or an engineer in the making.

12/30/2009 2:59:30 PM

Natalie

The distance from the sun to the Earth varies by about 3 million miles over the course of a year.

12/30/2009 3:14:20 PM

Angua

No, no, no.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I don't know where you get you're facts, but that is just blatantly wrong. Please find a better source.

Or you're just making stuff up. In which case, make something more believable up. Something that shows you at least know what an ellipse is.

12/30/2009 8:20:47 PM

FSMpirate

Looks like Paige here has never heard of the "Goldilocks Zone", which, as MysticalChicken has informed us, is THIRTY-FOUR MILLION FUCKING MILES WIDE! That does seem to suit "god's" margin for error, though.

12/31/2009 11:38:43 AM

ludacris

yo dawg I heard you like crazy religious theories, so we posted this thing about orbit, so you can praise jesus while you spout nonsense. Pimp my Earth!

4/9/2011 10:21:19 AM

Quantum Mechanic

People this stupid should be exterminated.

6/23/2011 8:37:16 AM



That's why if you jump more than an inch during the day then you'll burn to death, and if you're too high above the ground at midnight, you'll be frozen solid: be careful! (also lol "ludacris")

8/5/2011 10:51:39 AM

Penzias & Wilson

Big bang's in plain sight.

11/18/2012 12:08:15 AM

Justanotheratheist

An inch would make no difference even if the earth's orbit were not elliptical. No one with half a clue has ever said that the earth broke off from an asteroid, and your spelling of ludicrous is, well, ludicrous.

11/18/2012 12:57:36 AM

Darkevilme

Things that Paige must believe to also believe this bilge:

The Earth is flat as opposed to a sphere more than an inch wide.

Trees, mountains, hills and manmade structures do not exist.

Humans do not vary in height.

Birds are a satanic deception.

....fuck I dunno what his world even looks like at this point?

Anyone wanna help?

11/18/2012 2:07:47 AM

anti-nonsense

lol fail on so many levels, that other people have already deconstructed in detail.

11/18/2012 4:14:01 AM



If you jump you burn if you duck you freeze...

11/19/2012 3:05:20 AM

zomgwtfbbq

@Darkevilme

Actually the earth can't be flat, it has to gently curve up like the inside of a sphere.

12/18/2012 1:12:19 AM

xyz

> the big bang is not real
[citation needed]
Actually, if the Big Bang never happened, where did the Cosmic Microwave Background come from, and why is the universe expanding?

> God created the earth
[citation needed]

> if the earth was an inch closer to the sun, we would burn
> if it was an inch further we would freeze
The Earth recedes from the Sun by 15 cm each year. That's quite a bit larger than an inch. And here we are getting hotter each year.

By the way, the Earth's orbit may vary by 4,999,942 kilometers, or 3,106,820 miles, each year [it has an elliptical orbit]. Your argument is invalid.
Actually, Mars barely out of the habitable zone (but it has a thin atmosphere, so it wouldn't make much of a difference). It's ~50-100 million kilometers away.

You weren't thinking of AU, were you? 1 AU is a little bit bigger than an inch.

> the fact that scientists think that the earth broke off from an asteroid or watever and just happened to be pulled in by the sun's gravitational pull in the perfect place is ludacris [sic]
I think you're thinking of how the moon was formed.
If the Earth wasn't orbiting the sun, or the moon wasn't orbiting the Earth, the smaller body would fall to the larger body. I don't think you know how orbits work.

12/18/2012 11:15:58 AM

mythbuster43

Then scientists be like "move bitch, get out da way!"

4/3/2013 6:40:07 PM

Blarghonius

If that was true, you'd be in danger of dying if you moved. Like, at all.

4/4/2013 3:51:55 PM

Jinn

That is not ludacris!

This is Ludacris:



Get your facts straight!

5/8/2013 10:50:33 PM

Ebon

the big bang is not real

Yes, it is. It doesn't stop being real simply because you assert it.

God created the earth

If you mean that in the sense of being the puppet master behind everything, then possibly. If you mean as in Genesis, you're quite wrong.

think about it... if the earth was an inch closer to the sun, we would burn

if it was an inch further we would freeze


No, that's just a lie. The habitable zone around our star is quite a bit bigger than that.

the fact that scientists think that the earth broke off from an asteroid or watever and just happened to be pulled in by the sun's gravitational pull in the perfect place is ludacris

It would be, if any scientist had ever proposed that.

5/9/2013 5:33:19 AM
1 2