The Argument from design.
Points on Earth which exhibits design.
1) Rotating Earth.
2) The sun shining on the earth at just the right angle to produce life and enough energy.
3) Just the right atmosphere needed for life.
4) Plants breathe out what we breathe in.
5) A cell can't form in one spot and then migrate to every place on earth to fill it with cells.
6) Ants can't do that either. How did ants get to different parts of the world?
7) Just the right atmosphere for the earth to produce grass for the cows to eat.
8) How did grass grow first? I don't see grass on any other planets. Hmmm. Thank God for that sun.
9) The miracle of childbirth. It can't just evolve like that.
10) The sun stays in the sky instead of falling down. Gravity should be pulling it down but it just stays right up there. Hmmmm...interesting.
11) We are smart. If we share a common ancestor with monkeys, I found it remarkable that we are so smart and they are so dumb. How did we get so smart?
These are all points for where a God is needed to explain them. No rational human being can think of a rational explanation for all of this. I hope I convinced someone.
Eternal, Internet Infidels 49 Comments
[8/1/2002 12:00:00 AM]
Fundie Index: 43