Nevertheless, the theory of evolution proves how bizarre, far-fetched and ridiculous one has to be to deny God. Let's forget for a moment the obvious fact that apes can no more breed human descendants than humans can breed zebras as descendants. All anyone has to understand is the simple birds and bees to know why. But for those who don't, let's engage in fantasy and see what had to have happened for this impossible, crazy theory to have taken place;
1) Each ape had to find another creature which with to breed to create offspring that looks more like a human than an ape. The odds of that are incalculable.
2) Then these exact same offspring had to migrate all over the world because according to science fiction writers, homo-sapiens also existed in North America
3) The next step in this impossible chain is that each homo sapiens in North America had to find a mate identical to the mates of other homo-sapiens in Africa to breed descendants who could speak! That make the odds even more incalculable since no two animals and humans look and act alike. So the exact same so-called "mutations" had to have happened in thousands of homosapiens which makes the odds unfathomable as to be impossible.
4) There are no accounts by any ancient cultures of any of these creatures ever existing yet they are supposed to be our ancestors. :o
5) The so-called common ancestor from which these creatures supposedly came is still as imaginary as the minds who invented them. That makes the common ancestor as imaginary as the Flying spaghetti monster.
Heidi, 123 Christian Forums 12 Comments
[4/30/2008 9:45:01 PM]
Fundie Index: 10
Submitted By: jmm9683
"There are no accounts by any ancient cultures of any of these creatures ever existing yet they are supposed to be our ancestors."
Well, yeah - because these "creatures" are also the ancestors of every single ancient culture.
5/3/2008 9:57:14 PM
1) An oldie but a goodie. Populations evolve together as environmental pressures make certain genetic configurations favorable over others, allowing for specimens with these configurations to live longer and breed more. Single creatures do not evolve. Put the straw man away.
2) Do you seriously think that animals don't move around or migrate, you don't have any right to call someone else's ideas ridiculous.
3) Part of this is answered in the first answer. The rest is you making shit up and pulling the straw man out of the closet again.
4) Maybe it's because ancient civilizations didn't have the technology or knowledge to make sense of what they found if they found anything. They also didn't have big enough archaeology projects as they were too bust learning how to not die of disease and killing each other.
5) Bullshit. Evolution has predictive power, as it was used to find the depth and appearance of tiktaalik roseae before they found it.
7/17/2011 5:28:34 PM
thanks, you just killed Morbo with your stupidity. bastard.
6/15/2012 5:05:42 AM
Humans ARE great apes, stupid.
Homo sapiens still exist in North America, stupid!
Species evolve, stupid, not individuals!
6/15/2012 10:48:30 AM
I'm depressed now. I was so looking forward to having zebra children.
6/15/2012 3:35:17 PM
Number three has any basis in logic or evolutionary scenarios: How?
This is their stupid game. Claim science suggests as ridiculous as religion therefor is ,,,worse somehow. My problem is how much they have to lie to get close to their nonsense.
6/15/2012 5:51:34 PM
Oh look, a strawman of evolution. How original.
6/15/2012 7:01:50 PM
FSM imaginary ? keelhaul the blighter mateys.
for humans to have striped children the mother needs to look at a striped board. Any bible reader knows that.
6/15/2012 8:52:17 PM
Every time a fundie attempts to argue against evolution, all they ever prove is that they don't understand it.
10/16/2012 9:51:20 AM
"The odds of that are incalculable."
I bet most things are incalculable to you.
10/16/2012 11:58:01 PM
The ToE has nothing to do with denying or accepting any gods or goddesses, stupid. Humans are great apes, and as such every single human who has kids is an ape who breeds human descendants. Both humans and zebras are modern-day species; neither can therefore be the other's ancestor.
Homo sapiens migrated to North America from Asia long after speciation, stupid. Each homo sapiens lived in or fairly near a settlement of homo sapiens. We are a herd species, as you must know; we like to live near other humans.
The common ancestor, and the FSM, is not nearly as imaginary as your "so-called" grasp on what the ToE really says. I knew more about it at eight than you do as an adult.
10/17/2012 2:57:00 AM
You don't have a fucking clue, do you? All you've done is erect a bunch of strawmen, showing the usual fundie failure to understand even the basics of the ToE.
In other words, different day, same shit.
10/17/2012 6:18:59 AM