Distractions are distracting, I'll have to admit that.
9/29/2008 8:09:29 PM
I'll go check it out.
9/29/2008 8:09:31 PM
ROFL. The only word that comes to mind is irony.
9/29/2008 8:09:50 PM
Christianity is not a religion but atheism is?
Oh the irony...
9/29/2008 8:15:20 PM
Irony is about to go critical!
9/29/2008 8:15:57 PM
"Christianity is not a religion."
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
(Sounds like Christianity to me.)
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
7. religions, Archaic. religious rites.
8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion: a religion to one's vow.
9. get religion, Informal.
a. to acquire a deep conviction of the validity of religious beliefs and practices.
b. to resolve to mend one's errant ways: The company got religion and stopped making dangerous products.
9/29/2008 8:16:20 PM
Smells Like a Monkey
Wait - so am I reading this wrong? Does this person question whether or not skeptics exist?
I'll have to agree. Sounds pretty skeptical. I might have to read it again, though I am beginning to get lightheaded.
9/29/2008 8:16:46 PM
Fundie Redefinition Rroject?
9/29/2008 8:18:13 PM
Somebody get this guy a dictionary, stat.
9/29/2008 8:18:15 PM
Wellcome to the wonderful world of semantics.
9/29/2008 8:18:46 PM
Atheism, isn't a religion, it's a personal relationship with reality.
9/29/2008 8:23:03 PM
Atheism is a religion. It is a stance on one single belief, so cannot be a belief system, and furthermore its stance is to lack that belief.
Why are you people so stupid?
9/29/2008 8:31:43 PM
so it is my intent to prove to you Christianity is not a religion,
Then pay your fucking taxes.
9/29/2008 8:33:41 PM
"so it is my intent to prove to you Christianity is not a religion"
Well, we all need goals, and sometimes if we achieve them, we didn't set the bar high enough. Good luck.
9/29/2008 8:37:50 PM
Atheism is not a religion. It is the very opposite of religion. It is disbelief.
Disbelief is no more a "belief system" than blindness is a vision system. This argument is like the claim that all people have a TV, but some people have a TV that is nonexistent.
Now, I'll go back to my comic book store where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
9/29/2008 8:39:54 PM
Christianity is not a religion. OK. Then it is not entitled to the protection of the First Amendment. Oh, you will have a lot of back taxes to pay too!
9/29/2008 8:43:12 PM
Oh please tell me that this is a Poe.
Well anyway he's atleast correct in putting quotation marks around "many infallible proofs"
9/29/2008 8:51:04 PM
Nope, still confused.
9/29/2008 8:57:47 PM
No matter how much you say Christianity is a religion, and atheism is, you're still wrong. Christianity is, and always will be, by definition, a religion. Likewise, atheism always will be the opposite of that.
9/29/2008 9:05:50 PM
Word definition FAIL.
9/29/2008 9:15:07 PM
Christianity is based on faith and there is not enough evidence to support all of its claims, therefore it must be a religion.
Atheism is the lack of belief in higher deities, closely associated with a belief only in ideas that are backed by evidence, therefore it cannot be a religion.
9/29/2008 9:18:59 PM
Is wrong of me to belly laugh at stupid people?
9/29/2008 9:27:11 PM
and bald is a hair color.
9/29/2008 9:30:44 PM
The God Of Mud
wo i never knew i was religious
i think if christians found religion the world would be a better place
9/29/2008 9:36:50 PM
Fundie Redefinition Rroject 2nd,
9/29/2008 9:40:52 PM