Home Archives Random Quotes Latest Comments Top 100 Submit Quote Search Log In

Quote# 55230

message to atheists:

I hope you don't take this as an insult, but atheism is literally the MOST foolish thing you can do.

Why? Because you are risking ETERNAL damnation, based upon some ridiculous abstract argument you thought up yourself.

Or even more ridiculous, some abstract argument you heard in college. (Yeah, not even your own original argument!)

Guess what? Eternal damnation is the worst thing that can happen to you, bar none. I'm not trying to frighten you here, I'm just stating facts.

If (and only if) eternal damnation is true, (and that is the BIG IF) ....

then nothing else matters.

You simply HAVE to avoid eternal damnation, if it is even a REMOTE possibility. Period.

I remember in philosophy class in college, they tried to brainwash us into becoming atheists for the first month of class.

And they threw up a straw-man version of Pascal's wager. And they said that Pascal's wager fails, because it fails to take into account the myriads of different tiny, dead, or extinct religions.

That is like saying we should let the Communist party rule America because they took less than 1 percent of the vote.

The fact is, it is RATIONAL to believe in one of the GIANT LIVING religions of the world. It is desperately IRRATIONAL to believe in any of the ridiculous tiny, dead, or extinct religions.

Why? Because God would assist the true religion to prosper. It's just rational to believe that He would do so. It is also simply pragmatic and practical to believe that he would.

Only the 5 major living world religions are seriously worth studying. And Christianity wins on every level-headed measure. (I can't go into details here, would take too long).

Sorry atheists, I'm trying to do you a favor here, by saving you from what might literally be the worst thing EVER.

I know you are going to get all angry at me, and offended, and so forth. But I mean well. I really do. I feel sorry for you. (I know, you are going to get even more offended, but I'm just being brutally honest here).

May God bless you. He certainly loves you, that much we know.

Bimms, http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/reader_feedback/public/display.php?source_name=movabletype&source_id=35579 81 Comments [12/28/2008 10:47:27 PM]
Fundie Index: 12
Submitted By: SpankyZeHam
WTF?! || meh
Username:
Comment:



1 2 3 4
Efrain

Isn't Buddhism a major one? you know the one that's nothing but peace and kindness according to most sources? That sounds more level headed then one that has wackos like you, also if Christianity is the true religion why didn't god make everyone Christ-stains?

12/28/2008 10:50:28 PM

NotToday

>> And they threw up a straw-man version of Pascal's wager. And they said that Pascal's wager fails, because it fails to take into account the myriads of different tiny, dead, or extinct religions.

Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish, or the 30,000+ denominations of Christianity.

>> You simply HAVE to avoid eternal damnation, if it is even a REMOTE possibility. Period.

Yeah, sounds like a religion of love.

>> I remember in philosophy class in college, they tried to brainwash us into becoming atheists for the first month of class.

Teaching you things other than Christianity is not brainwashing.

>> Sorry atheists, I'm trying to do you a favor here, by saving you from what might literally be the worst thing EVER.

What MIGHT BE the worst thing ever. Sounds like he's not all that convinced that Hell is real.

>> Or even more ridiculous, some abstract argument you heard in college. (Yeah, not even your own original argument!)
Or even more ridiculous, some abstract argument you heard from your pastor. (Yeah, not even your own original argument!)

There, fixed it.

12/28/2008 10:55:06 PM

Barikada

"I can't go into details here, would take too long" No, no, we have time to spare. Go into details, please.

12/28/2008 10:55:54 PM

John

Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism are tiny dead religions? And besides, don't fundamentalist Baptists and other lunatic fringe evangelicals claim they're the only ones who are right, despite making up only a tiny percentage of the world's Christians?

12/28/2008 10:57:35 PM

DevilsChaplain

"I hope you don't take this as an insult, but atheism is literally the MOST foolish thing you can do."
I hope you don't take this as an insult but your mom's a whore and you're a stupid cunt.

"Why? Because you are risking ETERNAL damnation, based upon some ridiculous abstract argument you thought up yourself."
Eternal damnation was made up by a bunch of superstitious sheep-fuckers. Uninterested in your petty threats.

"I remember in philosophy class in college, they tried to brainwash us into becoming atheists for the first month of class."
So that's your excuse for dropping out, Christ-tard?

"And they threw up a straw-man version of Pascal's wager. And they said that Pascal's wager fails, because it fails to take into account the myriads of different tiny, dead, or extinct religions.
That is like saying we should let the Communist party rule America because they took less than 1 percent of the vote."
That's nothing like that at all...your analogies suck balls, no wonder you flunked out of philosophy class. Paganism, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism. Those aren't extinct religions. How about the 3,000+ sects of Christianity like Seven Day Adventists, Mormons, Protestants, Catholics, Baptists, Calvinists, Christian Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc.? Those aren't "dead", so your argument STILL fails miserably.

"The fact is, it is RATIONAL to believe in one of the GIANT LIVING religions of the world."
Those dead religions USED to be giant, living religions--so what? Why is it rational to believe something without evidence, even something that many people believe?

"May God bless you. He certainly loves you, that much we know."
Fuck you and the prophet you rode in on.



12/28/2008 11:00:38 PM

aaa

Not this shit again...

12/28/2008 11:01:11 PM

Dinomancer

God loves us? Then why do we go into a lake of fire forever for one mistake?

12/28/2008 11:03:27 PM

Frogflayer

Wow! To be taught in philosophy class why the wager fails and still miss it. I've always favoured the gnostic form of Christianity as the demiurge almost makes sense, the Spanish Inquisition weren't too keen on it though.The point being that even if you take the wager, bet on Christianity, you still have to choose the correct flavour.

12/28/2008 11:12:32 PM

Kitourahime

Although I appreciate your kindness, I retaliate with a blatant "fuck you".

12/28/2008 11:14:00 PM

Papabear

"I hope you don't take this as an insult, but atheism is literally the MOST foolish thing you can do."

If you sincerely didn't want to be insulting, you wouldn'y say insulting things. That said, as I don't mind being insulting let me say, I feel that religions are ridiculous and those adults who believe in supernatural beings and miracles are being quite foolish.

12/28/2008 11:17:34 PM

Damen

And you still fell for Pascal's Wager, so...


12/28/2008 11:20:01 PM

A Friend

Pascal's wager should be treated like a godwin. Total failure.

12/28/2008 11:20:06 PM

myheadhurts

Pascal at least kept it short. Nodded off after the first two lines.

12/28/2008 11:20:16 PM

Hadron

It is desperately IRRATIONAL to believe in any of the ridiculous tiny, dead, or extinct religions.

Eventually Christianity will be in one of those categories, the sooner the better.

12/28/2008 11:24:50 PM

Efrain

Wait, is Dimms a fundy complaining about a strawman? If so then I think I should be greatful my Irony meter isn't within 1,000 feet of me right now.

12/28/2008 11:28:30 PM

Elia

Blah blah we're the only ones who have the right religion garble garble YOU'RE ALL GOING TO HELL arglebargle snargle blargle.

12/28/2008 11:29:05 PM

MichaelL

So, what's the benefit of avoiding this ETERNAL DAMNATION? Oh yeah, spending eternity with fundie nut wads...

12/28/2008 11:30:37 PM



"And Christianity wins on every level-headed measure. (I can't go into details here, would take too long"


I notice Christians are always ready to announce their religion is the only one that makes sense, but incredibly hesitant to explain why,

12/28/2008 11:40:58 PM

1BurningStake

Awe, at least he/she's nice about it. Do we have a "Sweetest Fundie" Award? I know we have a Cutest.

12/28/2008 11:47:31 PM

pete

I haven't the slightest fear of eternal damnation, or even temporary damnation. Despite being an atheist I hold myself to very high moral standards. I help people with no expectation of reward. I hold doors for people, even feminists, because it's the polite thing to do. I don't hurt people on purpose and, if I hurt someone by accident, I make amends immediately.

So, you see, in the unlikely event I find myself facing a Supreme Being I will meet Him or Her with a clear conscience and all without being a slave to a mythical beast. How many idiotic fundies can make that claim?

12/28/2008 11:48:39 PM

C_V


I am neither angry nor offended, just mightily amused. :D

12/29/2008 12:01:46 AM

Ronni Bom

Do you carry a metalumbrella on you at all time? It could start raining sulfuric acid any day.

12/29/2008 12:02:59 AM

fundiesRtehlulz

I stopped reading after the second sentence. I'm boycotting all Pascal's Wager submissions from now on. I can't take it anymore.

12/29/2008 12:03:39 AM

LOLz

LOLz

12/29/2008 12:11:01 AM

Mayhem

"Or even more ridiculous, some abstract argument you heard in college. (Yeah, not even your own original argument!)"


12/29/2008 12:17:18 AM
1 2 3 4