Sci Is Green
If you're consulting with God, why do you ask this question on the internet? Does he have an email or something?
2/12/2009 1:50:03 PM
"Does anyone have suggestions for coexisting with atheists? "
Move to Saudi Arabia where atheists are not allowed.
2/12/2009 1:50:31 PM
Oh no! Those darn atheists are asking me difficult questions about the Bible! Bastards! How dare they expect me to be able to defend the beliefs I'm proselytizing!
2/12/2009 1:51:18 PM
Speaking as an atheist, tell them they're being a bunch of dicks.
If you are discussing your religion with them, or witnessing to them, then you've got no comeback if they pick holes in your arguments or beliefs. But if they are singling you out for not believing as they do, they're being a bunch of intolerant a-holes.
By the way, I assume you don't do the same thing to gays, Muslims, foreigners, people who mention calling psychic hotlines, fans of Harry Potter, etc. right?
2/12/2009 1:57:47 PM
Forgive them, love them, and treat them with respect.
Or do the Christian thing and condemn them to hell.
2/12/2009 2:04:42 PM
God must be tired of helping you decide what to have for breakfast.
2/12/2009 2:05:35 PM
It's been my experience that atheists "making rude comments" or asking difficult questions is prompted by some Bible thumper preaching at them. Stop trying to proselytize and the atheists will leave you alone. They really don't care what you believe.
2/12/2009 2:05:55 PM
How do they know how religious you are, enough to make "rude comments" unless you make it an issue? Why are they annoyed enough to make "rude comments" to you, unless you're shoving your religion in their face?
2/12/2009 2:13:26 PM
2/12/2009 2:15:22 PM
"...and ask me questions about the Bible that I find difficult to answer."
why do i not find this statement in the least bit surprising?
2/12/2009 2:32:31 PM
2/12/2009 2:33:05 PM
Haha, I've seen this post before. Revelife can be quite the trip. It's the "difficult questions" part that gets me.
2/12/2009 2:41:04 PM
I have a suggestion. Listen to what they have to say. You might learn something. You will certainly be a better person for it.
2/12/2009 2:43:31 PM
Here's an honest suggestion: STFU about your religion when talking with strangers. If they want to join your god club, they'll show up at the clubhouse on Sunday.
2/12/2009 2:45:09 PM
He consults with God about just about everything ...when he remembers. Do you not think that if God was that good with the advice, you'd make it your business to remember all the time! ROFL
2/12/2009 2:49:20 PM
If you start asking questions aloud many people will assume you are talking to them and reply. When it turns out you are talking to your invisible friend it makes the third party in the conversation uncomfortable - particularly if you then invite the interrupter to address your fantasy father. Atheists will then reveal themselves and either mock or ask difficult questions in a (probably vain) attempt to regain some normality in the increasingly awkward social situation.
Have you tried praying silently?
2/12/2009 2:49:26 PM
how to coexist with atheists
step 1, shut the fuck up about your religion
step 2, treat everyone like a fellow human being
step 3, this coincides with step one, quit cramming your beliefs down everyone's throats because not everyone believes in your god
step 4, world peace
2/12/2009 2:52:59 PM
Keep your fairy tale nonsense to yourself. Problem solved.
2/12/2009 3:00:01 PM
Yeah! Leave them alone and stop trying to ram your shit down their throats. They'll probably then do likewise.
2/12/2009 3:01:49 PM
I don't get it. When will these people accept that prayer doesn't work? When has it ever worked? All they do is bleat and moan that it doesn't work. Come on, guys, get a grip.
2/12/2009 3:03:17 PM
Yes, I have one:
LEAVE THEM THE FUCK ALONE AND MIND YOUR OWN GODDAMNED BUSINESS.
2/12/2009 3:06:28 PM
1. Stop trying to share your delusion.
2. Stop insisting that everyone else believe your delusion.
3. Stop fretting about other people's "state of grace." It's none of your business, and it runs counter to that whole "mote and beam" thing your messiah was trying to tell you. Evangelism is just recruiting for your local parasite clergymen.
If you want to believe (for example) that some impossible super-being pulled ducks and elephants and giraffes out of his ass instead of Evolution Theory, go ahead. If you don't want me to make fun of your beliefs, stop believing such ridiculous shit.
2/12/2009 3:08:43 PM
I'm sure it's incredibly difficult to answer honest questions about the unsavory parts of The Bible, especially when the only parts you know are the "feel good" sections told to you by your preacher on Sunday. Here's a suggestions: why don't you actually pick up The Bible and read it?!
Oh, and if you REALLY want to coexist with others who don't share your beliefs, why don't you quit telling everyone they're going to hell if they don't believe as you do. We'll get along just fine then.
2/12/2009 3:11:34 PM
Tell them to keep their beliefs to themselves and you'll do likewise. Then make sure you really do likewise.
2/12/2009 3:17:23 PM
Hey Christians! Here are some tips to help you coexist with atheists.
1. Every once in a while, bake a tray of delicious brownies and share them with your atheist colleagues. Its hard to ask hard questions about the Bible with a mouth full of gooey delicious decadence!
2. Learn some snappy comebacks and practice them in front of a mirror.
example: Atheist Phil: Hey Rodney, why are you always reading that Bible. Do you believe in God or something?
Rodney, the Christian: I sure do Phil. And He told me that you had a small penis and were impotent. Oh wait, that wasn't God. That was your girlfriend!
Mixed crowd of Atheists and believers: Oh Snap! Burn!
3. Deny your faith and repent of it later.
4. Divert their attention to someone of another religion whom they may enjoy mocking as well, such as a Jew or a Sikh.
5. They may try to get you to take the Mark of the Beast (a tatoo or an implant). Politely decline. You can always say something like, Maybe "I'll try that tatoo later. I have a hot date tonight, and don't want any oozing flesh-wounds" or "I'm allergic to skin implants, guys".
6. Read your Bible and be prepared to defend it.
7. Quit your job, sell your house and move to a shed in the woods. You will have all money you made from the sale of the house and you will save money on things like toothpaste and deodorant. You will also have lots of time on your hands for worship and plotting intricate ways of destroying those evil-doers while simultaneously teaching them a lesson on God's Word.
Now go have fun!
2/12/2009 3:17:27 PM