Home Archives Random Quotes Latest Comments Top 100 Submit Quote Search Log In

Quote# 66799

Also...just cuz the "scientific community" believes evolution doesnt make it true; the majority have been proven wrong many times...

[What "majority" was proven wrong many times?You mean when scientific theories were updated and improved, the way biblical science never is?]

The science of bleeding; the communists in the Soviet Union a century ago; the belief the world was? flat; the belief the earth was the center of the universe.....all majorities proven wrong and there are so many more.
"If it ain't broke, dont fix it." There are many "laws" in science that have been proven to be steadfast and accurate every time it is tested (i.e. gravity, laws of thermodynamics)....therefore, if biblical science has never been proven wrong...why would it need improved?

Andrew9651, Youtube comment 58 Comments [10/26/2009 3:56:25 AM]
Fundie Index: 50
Submitted By: Mithcoriel
WTF?! || meh
Username:
Comment:



1 2 3
Canadia

That's the entire point of science you fuckwit, it changes and grows over time as we test and learn more about a given subject.

10/26/2009 4:01:36 AM

aaa

I would try reasoning with you, but a smack to the head would be much more satisfying.

10/26/2009 4:06:15 AM

Mudak

Um, aren't all of those beliefs attributable to the Bible?

10/26/2009 4:09:13 AM

BobsOldSocks

"just cuz the "scientific community" believes evolution doesnt make it true"

Acceptance of the evidence for the fact of evolution has *nothing* to do with belief and everything to do with logic, rationality and a functioning brain, something you are sorely lacking.

"the belief the world was? flat; the belief the earth was the center of the universe....."

Hmmm, and where have I heard those ideas before? That's right, it says so in the bible! And the bible was wrong, as it is about almost everything. The only thing the bible demonstrates is that when faced with the unknown, dishonest people will make things up instead of saying, "I don't know".

"There are many "laws" in science..."

Look up what "theory" means in science and you'll realise how stupid you sound.

"...biblical science..."

No such thing.

10/26/2009 4:13:49 AM

EvoPagan

Science of bleeding--what??

Communism--not a science. Please stop invoking the specter of "dirty reds" as an answer to everything.

The belief that the earth is the center of the universe is still held by plenty of FUNDIES.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"--enjoy shitting in an outhouse, washing your clothes in the creek and get the fuck off the Internet, Luddite!

10/26/2009 4:27:11 AM

Hirsute_Nailbomb

and secondly, WAAARRHHGARRBLE!

10/26/2009 5:05:33 AM

indy34

Ever seen that comic were the scientis burst into flames then kills the creationist that what I feel like right now!

10/26/2009 5:19:07 AM

Mister Spak

"if biblical science has never been proven wrong...why would it need improved? "

That would be an excellent point, if the bible didn't claim the world is flat and in the center of the universe.

10/26/2009 5:23:17 AM

Reverend Jeremiah

The Bible has been proven wrong time and again. It has MANY MANY verses that say the Earth is flat and the sun revolves around it.

P.S. - garvity is a theory just like evolution you dim wit.

10/26/2009 5:59:12 AM

Mr Blur

"biblical science" - an oxymoron if ever there was one.

10/26/2009 6:07:44 AM

Shann

When you dolts can provide something more substantial than your holy book, which claims that insects have four legs, rabbits chew cud and the earth is flat and supported on a platform by four pillars, THEN perhaps you can feel free to join the adults in the smoking lounge for intellectual discussion.

Until then, take your blind adherence and your scientific illiteracy and fuck the hell off.

10/26/2009 6:14:22 AM

Cassandra

> the communists in the Soviet Union a century ago;

You've got a point there - Lysenkoism was so wrong that it hurts. Soviet Union remained a backward country for a long time because they used to push "science" that just plain doesn't work through political channels. Kind of like certain people even today...

> the belief the world was? flat; the belief the earth was the center of the universe.....

My recollection of history is a little bit hazy, so please, please remind me: which group of people pointed out that those ideas were dead wrong, and which group of people insisted that those ideas are, despite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, still valid?

> all majorities proven wrong and there are so many more.

They were proven wrong, people figured out why they were wrong, and updated their theories. That's how science works.

> There are many "laws" in science that have been proven to be steadfast and accurate every time it is tested (i.e. gravity,

Yeah, ignore that Einstein guy who says that those weird measurements one gets when looking at high speeds and massive objects are actually explainable through a more comprehensive model of gravitation. We need none of that! Newtonian equations are steadfast and accurate every time, even when they aren't!

> if biblical science has never been proven wrong...

Oh, but it has been! So what do you recommend we do about it?

> why would it need improved?

Let me hazard a guess - the same reason real science gets improved?

10/26/2009 6:16:37 AM

Doctor Whom

And how were those things proved wrong? That's right: through science. If "biblical science" were all we had, we'd still believe in a mountain from which you can see the entire world.

10/26/2009 6:51:25 AM

freako104

"the communists in the Soviet Union a century ago;"


It was less than a century that the USSR fell. Also it has nothing to do with science.



"the belief the world was? flat;"

Someone may want to reread Luke.



"the belief the earth was the center of the universe."

Galileo was persecuted by the church for saying that.

10/26/2009 6:58:10 AM

/)ø(/à

Andrew9651 Report Card

F Science Class
F English
F Histroy
A+ Brainwashing Class
A+ Fundie 101

Belief - Just cause Relgious Community Beleive in God doesn't make it true. 0

World Flat - Yea, but the world was mapped round before people even sailed around it. Science FTW. -1

Universe Center - Relgious community Actually believed the world to be the center, because 'jesus' was born here. When Science came out said the sun is the centre the church didnt like that too much :) -1

Bibical scince has been proven wrong x100 over.

Your score 0
-1
-1
x100
----
-200

10/26/2009 6:59:48 AM

WMDKitty

All of those things were proven wrong by, get this, SCIENCE.

And do I really need to point out that "Biblical Science" is an oxymoron?

10/26/2009 7:06:57 AM

Horsefeathers

"Also...just cuz the "scientific community" believes evolution doesnt make it true;"

No, the evidence makes it true.

"the majority have been proven wrong many times..."

I can think of a handful of times in 400 years or so where the majority of scientists believed something that was incorrect. I can name many, many more instances of everyone else believing something that wasn't true. Given that, I think I'll stick with science.

"The science of bleeding;"

The science of bleeding? The fuck are you talking about?

"the communists in the Soviet Union a century ago;"

Which has what to do with the scientific community? You know political/social science isn't quite the same thing as physics or biology, right?

"the belief the world was? flat;"

Actually, it was science, mathematics and direct observation--all tools of the scientific community--that showed the Earth could not be flat.

"the belief the earth was the center of the universe....."

That would be the Church, not the scientific community. Well, once they were allowed to actually question that doctrine anyway.

"all majorities proven wrong and there are so many more."

You realize that the majorities that believed such things were the general populace of ignorant rabble and the Church, right?

You're really not helping your argument any.

""If it ain't broke, dont fix it." There are many "laws" in science that have been proven to be steadfast and accurate every time it is tested (i.e. gravity, laws of thermodynamics)....therefore, if biblical science has never been proven wrong...why would it need improved?"

Except that it has been proven wrong. About nearly everything. Consistently. For the last couple of centuries at the very least.

It fails medicine: when was the last time you've heard of leprosy being cured by sprinkling pigeon blood on someone? Biology: getting striped goats by breading the parents in front of sticks with stripes? Architecture: the tower of Babble could not have been built nearly as high as it's claimed to have been. Engineering: Noah's wooden boat could not have been made that large and been seaworthy in anything but glass flat seas and even then I sure as hell wouldn't get on it. Physics: a third of the stars in the sky cannot fall to the Earth as even the smallest are quite a few magnitudes larger than the Earth. Hydrology/Geology: Noah's flood could not have happened for a number of reasons. Zoology: snakes and donkeys do not speak. Geography: the Garden of Eden still hasn't been found, despite a heavenly being and giant flaming fucking sword guarding it.

Want me to go on?

10/26/2009 7:10:33 AM

Panz

Gotta love fundies, first to insult and claim science a sham while reeping the benefits of what science has created

10/26/2009 7:22:14 AM

breakerslion

You're new to this "thinking stuff," aren't you? Keep going, you'll get there eventually.

Hint: "If it ain't broke, dont fix it.", but if it is.... What then? Come on, you can do it! We're rootin' for ya!

10/26/2009 7:34:35 AM

Quantum Mechanic

Fail biology much?

10/26/2009 7:49:48 AM

GodotIsWaiting4U

The communists were acting on a philosophy, not a scientific theory.

Belief in the flatness of the world is supported by the Bible.

Geocentrism is supported by the Bible.

The scientific community is what showed us the RIGHT answers there.

10/26/2009 7:58:45 AM

r3volution

Dear Andrew9651:
www.wikipedia.org Here, go there. It's not perfect but it may be the only chance you have to educate yourself. I think the Galileo Galilee article should cover just about everything you had to say except the communists but that point isnt really worth adressing anyways.

10/26/2009 8:04:52 AM

Zoo

"just cuz the "scientific community" believes evolution doesnt make it true"

There's a reason scientists accept evolution as true. Evolution is observable (a fact) and evolutionary theory (the explanations of how evolution works) is supported by lots (and lots and lots) of repeatable observations and tests.

"biblical science has never been proven wrong"

That's the thing. "Biblical science" CAN'T be proven wrong; the "science" you're referring are described as purely "historical" events that have left no evidence of their occurrence. An event like that can't be tested if it hasn't left behind any traces at all. That kind of makes it not science.

10/26/2009 8:12:54 AM



Typical misunderstanding of what a law and a theory is. Theories are generally accepted as fact because there is evidence that points to its factuality. Laws are generally accepted as fact even though there is no way to prove them otherwise. We are sure that we evolved from an ancient primate through the mechanism of natural selection. We know that if we drop a ball it will fall at 9.8 m/s^2, however, we don't know why. There is more proven backing to a theory than a law.

10/26/2009 8:20:23 AM

Zeus Almighty

"the majority have been proven wrong many times..."

I know. Kind of like the majority of people in the world worship a Middle Eastern invisible sky buddy. And something like 70 percent of Americans think their invisible Middle Eastern sky buddy will end the world before they die. And they all will be proven wrong.

10/26/2009 8:28:03 AM
1 2 3