Home Archives Random Quotes Latest Comments Top 100 Submit Quote Search Community Log In

Quote# 7325

this nation is messed up bigtime, we're no better than any other country, the biggest difference is that we have this thing called the constitution, and it's what keeps us real Christians from being tortured and beaten and killed like what we see going on in so many other countries right now.

CJaredo7, Rapture Ready 14 Comments [5/1/2004 12:00:00 AM]
Fundie Index: 2
WTF?! || meh
Username:
Comment:



1
They call me V

So many other countries? WTF?

Also, could I remark that the law and international human rights kinda prevents anyone from getting tortured, beaten and killed. That includes such herectics (Secular humanists, if you insist on presicion of language:P) as yours truly.

12/15/2007 6:51:19 PM



Where does this persecution complex come from?

7/31/2008 6:25:46 PM

Allegory for Jesus

The countries where Christians are tortured, beaten, and killed are third world countries where Christians are a minority. In America:

1. Christians aren't in danger of being a persecuted minority.
2. The Constitution protects religious freedom, and this is more relevant for minority religions that might actually be persecuted [see point 1]
3. Even without a Constitution, ANY other first world country wouldn't allow citizens to be tortured, beaten, and killed, even if they are as obnoxious as fundies tend to be.

9/16/2010 5:43:00 PM

v200

Yeah, no other country in the world has laws.

8/31/2011 2:02:26 PM

Dr. Shrinker

"...the biggest difference is that we have this thing called the constitution,..."

You mean the document your hero, G W Bush called, "A god damned peace of paper?" The document that your lot is trying to circumvent with Intelligent Design? That thing?

8/31/2011 2:06:20 PM



how I read that and I'm pretty sure the meaning is intentional

"the biggest problem with America right now is that we're not better than everyone else!"

8/31/2011 4:38:38 PM

Tempus

That, and the 76% or so of the country that's some flavor of Christian. And most of the remaining 24% who also think torturing and executing people because of their religion is completely fucking retarded.

8/31/2011 4:46:17 PM

zomgwtfbbq

The funny thing is even if you ignore the absolute fabrications in his sentence, it's still ridiculous.

"We're no better than any other country. Except people don't get tortured, beaten, and killed. Minor difference, really..."

1/7/2013 3:22:38 AM

Swede

Nope, it's what stops you real Christians from torturing and beating and killing minorites.

1/7/2013 4:13:13 AM

rubber chicken

You seem to be implying that getting rid of the Constitution would be preferable

1/7/2013 7:24:31 AM

Peripes

I would go up to this idiot and throw my country's Constitution to his face.

3/22/2016 10:27:06 AM

Anon-e-moose

"the biggest difference is that we have this thing called the constitution, and it's what keeps us real Christians from being tortured and beaten and killed like what we see going on in so many other countries right now."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1O1dvN8lag



"I almost wish that there would be, like, a simultaneous telecast, and all Americans would be forced–forced at gunpoint no less–to listen to every David Barton message, and I think our country would be better for it. I wish it’d happen."

-Mike Fuckabee

And what you'd like to do to anyone not exactly like you.

ISIS murdering other Muslims. 30,000+ other denominations of Christianity.

If it weren't for a 'bogeyman', you'd be at each others throats: or heads at gunpoint. Isn't that so, eh Jerry: how many 'Real Christians' are there, or does that particular denomination - one more to add to that 30,000+ - of yours consist of just you? If you can't give a full list of names, addresses, tel. nos, e-mail addresses etc of those exactly like you, then should that 'God[i]damn Piece Of Paper' be torn up, you'd be the first to do what's happening in that photo above; I refer you to the quote by Mike Fuckabee.

...but then, your particular 'denomination - along with all other religions in the US - wouldn't have the legal right to exist; along with it's tax-exemption (as Islam & $cientology does). You certainly wouldn't have the legal right to own that gun you'd be pointing at the head of a 'Satanist', just because they dare to have the temerity to have the slightest difference in mindset to you.

But then, just ask your 'Constitution Party', Jer. Your hope of they being elected is messed up big time.

3/22/2016 5:36:04 PM

creativerealms

Yep that constitution that protects you and every other religion.

3/22/2016 6:12:18 PM

Wanderer

Well, the Constitution and morals and ethics.

3/22/2016 8:15:07 PM
1