Home Archives Random Quotes Latest Comments Top 100 Submit Quote Search Log In

Quote# 75637

Richard Dawkins is a moron. God exists and religion has been proven to make life better. For instance, people who have some sort of religious belief live longer then those whom have none. We also are more likely to recycle then non-believers because God told us to care for the earth.

jamisings, Senor Gifs 70 Comments [8/28/2010 10:10:40 PM]
Fundie Index: 48
Submitted By: Corbin
WTF?! || meh
Username:
Comment:



1 2 3
narnarr

Ist there really any statistic like that and is there really a connection and it's not just coincidence or any other factor?

8/28/2010 10:19:18 PM

Wehpudicabok

[citation needed]

8/28/2010 10:21:24 PM

speccy4i

Richard Dawkins is a moron.

And it started out so promising...

8/28/2010 10:23:43 PM

TGRwulf

"God exists and religion has been proven to make life better. For instance, people who have some sort of religious belief live longer then those whom have none."

MAJOR citation needed for all three of those assertions.

Also, though I am glad to see a fundie who actually recognizes the meaning behind the cartakers of the earth passage, that last sentence deserves a facepalm. Religous people recycle more? I'm an atheist, and I recycle fucking everything.

8/28/2010 10:27:01 PM

shykid

"Richard Dawkins is a moron."
Wow. The very first sentence is an ad-hominem attack. This already looks like it's going to be a promising and convincing argument. *eyeroll*

"For instance, people who have some sort of religious belief live longer then those whom have none."
That doesn't prove God exists or religion is based in reality. (Also, you used "whom" incorrectly. Nice try looking smart.)

"We also are more likely to recycle then non-believers because God told us to care for the earth."
Hardly! You're more likely to cover your ears and shout "LA LA LA LA, GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF US!"

8/28/2010 10:28:34 PM

Alencon

There's no such statistic. LOL, another "fact" pulled out of a fundie's ass. As a matter of fact, many atheists tend to be environmentalists so I suspect it actually goes the other way.

8/28/2010 10:28:54 PM

myheadhurts

Religious people who manage not to blow themselves up, live longer than those they blow up... yes this is true.

If God loved the earth so much, why destroy it with natural disasters?

8/28/2010 10:44:21 PM

Justanotheratheist

Made up shit doesn't count as fact. And at least Dawkins (whether you agree with his views or not)is a much better writer than you and doesn't resort to saying things like "I'm right because I'm right", which is effectively at the heart of almost every fundie argument.

So if he's a moron, then fuck alone knows what it makes you.

8/28/2010 10:48:53 PM

Musicalbookworm

Citation from something other than a fundy produced studied needed.

8/28/2010 11:15:35 PM

Classic

I kind of want to agree with the first sentence... but I can't deny Dawkins' fantastic ability to get media attention is coupled with a reasonable understanding of general knowledge... and perhaps more importantly, the arguments against all of the insane bullshit that's been peddled by religious fundamentalists and scammers.

8/28/2010 11:32:13 PM

WMDKitty

Wow, this dipshit actually made it on here? She's a Troll for Jesus.

8/28/2010 11:41:57 PM

Phloom

Richard Dawkins is a very wise and great man. I met him at TAM 8. What the fuck is this bullshit about fundies being more environmentally concerned that us un-believers. I thought fundies were all excited about the world ending real soon now.

8/28/2010 11:49:07 PM

GodotIsWaiting4U

How does it feel to pull shit out of your ass so much? I imagine you could drive a train through your anus by now.

8/29/2010 12:09:23 AM



Funny, 8th century chritianity tended to be rather counter productive which you folks throw back to more than often.

8/29/2010 12:44:43 AM

Mrs. Antichrist

Sources plz kthx

8/29/2010 12:51:36 AM

spam hammich

http://www.webmd.com/balance/news/20000809/religious-people-live-longer-than-nonbelievers

Come on kids, this is old news. The "fundie" is more learned than you lot.

8/29/2010 12:52:46 AM

LDM

"Richard Dawkins is a moron."

And Glen Beck is a genius, I suppose?

"God exists and religion has been proven to make life better."

Citation?

"For instance, people who have some sort of religious belief live longer then those whom have none."

I know plenty of religious people who died young & plenty of non-religious people who lived to a ripe old age.

"We also are more likely to recycle then non-believers because God told us to care for the earth."

So you can only do things because God told you to?

8/29/2010 2:59:39 AM

aslabend

God exists and religion has been proven to make life better.

Tell that to any victim of abuse by the clergy
For instance, people who have some sort of religious belief live longer
I'll have a side order of statistics to go with that (any sort of proof at all...?)
We also are more likely to recycle then non-believers because God told us to care for the earth
Sorry, that's utter balderdash. Atheists realise that this life is it and we view the world as far more precious.

8/29/2010 3:13:35 AM

Percy Q. Shunn

Wasn't jesus like 33 when he fucking ate it? I'm an atheist, and I'm older than 33.

FAIL.

8/29/2010 4:38:10 AM

Mudak

Religious folk don't really live longer. It just seems longer.

8/29/2010 4:44:03 AM

Brain_In_A_Jar

Every time you say to an atheist "look at this thing we can both agree is good; god told us to do that!" you're refuting your own position, because in doing so you implicitly concede that atheists can discern what is good and bad without god's help. If anything, you show yourself to be inferior, since you're implying that you had to be ordered to do what we simply recognise as necessity.

8/29/2010 4:53:48 AM

The L

"religion has been proven to make life better."

Religion has also been proven to make life worse. See also: the Crusades, 9/11, the Inquisition, the caste system in India...

8/29/2010 5:02:32 AM

WWWWolf

> Richard Dawkins is a moron.

"Kind of a jerk who doesn't mince words and doesn't go out of his way to be nice" != "moron".

> God exists

Well, it may. Definite proof is still so, so much pending.

> religion has been proven to make life better.

No one's denying those effects; everyone's just concerned about the ways religion makes life worse.

> For instance, people who have some sort of religious belief live longer then those whom have none.

Nope. People with a positive attitude tend to stay healthier than people who don't have a positive attitude.

I'm worried about the Rapture Ready crew, who seem anything but positive.

> We also are more likely to recycle then non-believers because God told us to care for the earth.

Good to hear! That's exactly what I've been trying to tell fundies! Every time there's a big environment campaign, we see posts in FSTDT from fundies who specifically engage in wasteful behaviour just to spite environmentalists, with comments along the lines of "Fuck B. Hussein Obama and his evil Kyoto Protocol-kowtowing ways". Are you going to tell the rest of the fundie flock the good news?

8/29/2010 5:07:20 AM

Berny

I strongly suspect that an intelligence comparison between you and Richard Dawkins would leave you wanting.
As for recycling and taking care of the earth, don't make me laugh. The worst offenders in that department are Christians, especially the "End Timers" crowd. As far as they're concerned, God gave us enough of everything until he returns and ends it all so they can waste anything they want.
What contemptible nonsense.

8/29/2010 5:24:03 AM



Interestingly i have read somewhere that religious people have a higher chance of surviving operations. So there may be something to it although only a statistical thing.

8/29/2010 5:59:08 AM
1 2 3