1 2 3 4
More like CrapAlert. Someone must've made that joke before. It could also, you know, just be a victory song. It doesn't always have to be about some kind of agenda you know.
2/28/2011 3:11:54 PM
And this is a problem... why?
The fight for equality will never end - i.e., be 'won' - until equality is achieved. And until then, we'll keep on fighting, 'til the end.
2/28/2011 3:47:47 PM
Okay, ignoring the fact that you are so wrong that it's not even funny...we're bad because rather than laying down and letting you kick us, we're standing tall, and looking you in the eye? Yes, I can see how us not slinking around, and knowing our place can be so horrible to you guys.
2/28/2011 4:20:13 PM
Okay, now you're going after Freddie. Now you got me pissed. You better watch your back, motherfucker.
3/1/2011 8:57:21 AM
As a long time Queen fan (straight) I know something thats not mentioned here, maybe because most fans haven't heard their first two albums. These are great albums, they have a harder edge and are in the mtyh/hard rock vein
Point is there's many Christian references in the first two and it's never derogatory, malicious or an attack.
As to freddie being gay, kinda noticed that by the second video, couldn't be sure as that's "theatre" with some artists, but still. Freddies just one of those who never announced he was gay but never hid it either.
Who here was surprised when Elton came out?
As gay as he was I can't find any agenda in their music to "champion" or promote gayness.
3/1/2011 9:53:12 AM
I have been listeing to News of the World for over 20 years now and I did not know that We are the Champions was about homosexuality. Now that I do know I suddenly feel like meeting some random guy in a bookstore...what is happening to me?
3/1/2011 10:08:08 AM
*ignores all the ways in which this post is wrong*
And that would be bad because...?
3/3/2011 3:41:20 PM
So? Now it's hockey's anthem.
3/4/2011 2:30:23 AM
...Good god. The wingnuttery of the quote itself enticed me to briefly peer into the cesspit of blinky GIFs and biblical obsession that's CapAlert.
All I can say? Seek psychiatric assistance for that obsessive-compulsive case of religious hypergraphy and analytical neurosis you've got going on there, Tom. You'll pay for the lucky bastard's next Lexus. And maybe, just maybe, you'll be a productive member of society, as opposed to a blinky bandwidth sink dating back to the glory days of 1995's design standards.
3/4/2011 2:38:33 AM
1) Be VERY careful about treading on the memory of the greatest rock band in history.
2) Freddie was bisexual. I realise you might not think there's any difference but there really is.
3) The song doesn't mention anyone's sexuality in any way. It's about the rise of Queen the band.
4) Freddie was the only non-straight guy in the band.
5) The song was written in 1975, nine years before AIDS was even identified, even longer before Freddie knew he was infected and longer still before his death.
6) Just because it's written by a non-straight person, doesn't mean it's about being gay or stuff associated with that.
7) Even if your batshit theory was true and the song is about gay rights, so fucking what? Any artist draws from all kinds of influences and maybe Freddie's sexuality was one of them in a few cases (and you can make much stronger cases for other Queen songs) but again, so what? Protest songs have always been a part of rock and if Queen wanted to make a song about gay rights, more power to them.
8) Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes an artist is "just a singer with a song".
4/2/2011 11:06:38 PM
1 2 3 4