Yeah, it is easier to fool people with an IQ below eighty. That's why you think that's a genuine statistic.
10/3/2012 4:16:36 AM
10/3/2012 4:17:20 AM
Explain this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/11/romney-triumph-us-reputation-europe
10/3/2012 4:19:03 AM
Black people appear to be intelligent enough to not vote for Romney.
10/3/2012 6:10:40 AM
Oh My Dog!
...a group of people that have an average IQ of 85.
Like the Freepers?
10/3/2012 7:13:14 AM
BS on both ends.
1) The current black average IQ is 90-93 (depends on what IQ tests you look at). The median average is about 91.
2) These averages are just that - AVERAGES. That doesn't mean any given black person has an IQ of 91 and any given white person has an IQ of 100...since it's an average it means many black people have IQs above or below 91 and many white people have IQs above or below 100. The range most white Americans fall under is 85-115 and the range most black Americans fall under is 78-105.
3) Given the average is 91 for black Americans I doubt 40% have an IQ under 80. Maybe back in the 1940s or 50s. The averages have changed for different races at different rates over the years. Look up "the Flynn Effect".
4) The average IQ for poor whites (most of whom vote Republican) and Republicans is lower than 100. Manys studies have shown this. Racist whites in particularly have a significantly lower average IQ than non-racist whites:
The average white racist IQ is probably ironically closer to 85 than 100. lol
10/3/2012 9:19:55 AM
And one forgets that IQ A: Changes with time and is based on a bell curve.
B: Based on education, which most Blacks, suffering from structural racism from our (As in USA) ancestors, tend to get poorer schools because they are from poorer areas. One that grew up in a wealthy black family and went to a good school is likely to score 100+ and middle class more around 100.
C: Lack of eductation may help translate to racism and the idea that the 'past' is good in some manner. I don't know, but I'd rather not go back any. We've worked too hard for things like Democracy, equality, not having slaves, not being ruled by fuedal overlords, Not being in tribes, indoor plumbing, cars, Television, Roads...
10/3/2012 11:08:17 AM
No, that's what we call a lie.
10/3/2012 5:33:05 PM
I do love rectally produced statistics.
By the way, in the last election, the least educated people voted Republican, and the more educated people elected Obama.
10/4/2012 3:34:55 PM
40% of the African American population has an IQ below 80.
10/4/2012 9:54:05 PM
"That is around 18 PTS below the IQ on an average European American."
This is also BS on more than one level.
1) A gap of 18 points would mean the white American average IQ is 103 if you're claiming the black average is 85. The white American average is currently 100. It's ALWAYS 100 because the median average score is set to the average for the majority population in the country. Whenever the white average moves the average is just reset as "100" again. Everyone else's scores are just relative to the median average of 100 for the majority-white population. What qualified as "100" 80 years ago on IQ tests would not be "100" on modern IQ tests. The tests are updated and upgraded every 20-30 years. We're not using the same Stanford-Binet tests today that we used in 1932.
2) The black median average is currently about 91 (it varies from 90-93 depending on the specific IQ test). What "91" was 80 years ago is also different from what "91" is today. The black average is just "91" RELATIVE to the white "100" average.
3) That puts the black-white IQ gap at 7-10 points currently. A significant reduction from the 18-point gap in the 1930s and the 15-point gap in the 60s and 70s. This is due to the "Flynn Effect". Read up on it.
10/4/2012 10:08:53 PM
wait, if 40% of african americans ahave IQs below 80, isn't he really saying that the majority are intelligent?
10/6/2012 10:06:30 AM